Art. 1 Definitions
Terms and Conditions:
The terms and conditions of Art of Banking (hereinafter referred to as AoB) applicable to all activities from AoB.
The agreement between the participant and AoB concerning the course.
The individual who is registered as a participant for a course.
The individual or organization that subscribes one or more participants for a course. The client can be participant.
The programmes, programme components, workshops and courses offered and provided by AoB. These may be open or incompany courses or e-learnings.
The amount due for attending a course during a certain period of time.
Art. 2 Applicability of conditions
- These general terms and conditions apply to every course from AoB.
- AoB expressly rejects the general terms and conditions of other parties.
- On request, AoB will send these general terms and conditions free of charge.
- If there is any conflict between a condition contained in these General terms and conditions and/or a condition contained in the contract, the condition contained in the contract shall prevail, followed by the condition contained in these General terms and conditions.
Art. 3 Concluding the agreement
- A contract is concluded at the moment that the registration, signed by the participant, is confirmed by AoB.
- The participant/client has the right to dissolve the registration free of charge within 14 working days after its conclusion. Costs related to the return of delivered items may be charged by AoB.
- Participation in a course can be refused without any prior notice if the participant has not paid the course fee within the payment period stated on the relevant invoice. This does not imply that the payment obligation is cancelled.
- AoB has the obligation to offer a course that reasonably corresponds to the information contained in brochures and/or descriptions of the course.
- Information and/or correspondence relating to the course shall be sent to the address stated on the registration form. It is the responsibility of the participant/client to ensure that the address details are correct and up to date.
Art. 4 Cancelling the agreement
- Consumers (natural people) have a reflection period of 14 days from the time of registration, within which the course may be cancelled free of charge. The reflection period also applies if the employer and/or client is paying for the course.
- Costs related to the return of delivered items may be charged by AoB.
- If the registration is cancelled within 31 calendar days before the start date of a training course, no refund is possible, unless article 4.1 applies.
- Cancellation must be made in writing (by letter or e-mail). The date of receipt of the cancellation shall apply.
Art. 5 Force majeure
- In the event of force majeure, AoB is entitled to change the course.
- In the event that AoB must change the course date due to force majeure, AoB will in principle schedule a new course date. AoB is not liable or obliged to pay any compensation if a participant cannot follow a catch-up course for whatever reason. However, the registration fee will be refunded within 30 calendar days if the participant/client is unable to follow the catch-up course.
Art. 6 Payment
- Payment of the course fee must be made before the due date mentioned on the relevant invoice.
- In case of third party payment, such as the employer, the participant remains personally responsible for the payment of the course fee.
- Non-attendance of the course does not invalidate the course agreement and financial obligations.
- If the participant, or the third party as referred to in article 6.2, has not met their payment obligation within the term of payment, AoB will follow the legal regulations concerning default. After this period, AoB is entitled to charge the statutory interest according on top of the outstanding amount.
- If AoB cancels the course at least two weeks before the start of the course, a refund of the amount paid will be made within 30 days of cancellation.
Art. 7 Intellectual property rights
- All rights to the information provided by AoB, including the teaching materials, are reserved by AoB and remain the property of AoB or third parties authorised by AoB.
- No part of the brochures and hand-outs may be reproduced, stored or shared in any way without the prior written consent of AoB. It is not permitted to make AoB course material available to third parties.
Art. 8 Complaint procedure
- If the participant/client has complaints about the course, the management of AoB must be informed in writing immediately.
- AoB will send a confirmation of receipt of a complaint within one week, in which it will inform the participant/client of the further procedure for handling complaints.
- Complaints are treated confidentially and with the greatest care.
- In principle, the complaints procedure will be concluded within six weeks. If the procedure requires a longer period, the parties involved will be informed of this within six weeks. The nature of the extension will also be communicated, as well as the expected time within which the procedure can be completed.
- Disputes and the binding rulings on the disputes will be retained by AoB for a period of one year after agreement by both parties.
Art. 9 Confidentiality
- All information that the participant/client shares with AoB is treated confidentially.
Art. 10 Applicable law
- Dutch law shall apply to all contracts between the participant/client and AoB and any rights and obligations arising therefrom.
Art. 11 Final conditions
- If one or more conditions of these terms and conditions are invalid or deemed invalid, the contract and the other conditions of these terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Conditions that are contrary to the law or cannot be applied will be replaced by conditions that are closest to the purpose of those conditions.